TDI TECHNICAL DIVING
TDI is the largest technical certification agency in the world. As one of the first agencies to provide training in mixed gas diving and rebreathers, TDI is seen as an innovator of new diving techniques and programs which previously were not available to the general public. Training with TDI has provided divers with the opportunity to see such wrecks as the Andrea Doria, Lusitania and the Prince of Wales. TDI divers have explored underwater caves in Spain, Australia and Mexico and assisted as support divers on world record freedives done in the Red Sea.
TDI’s professionals are held to the highest standard to ensure quality training throughout the world. This means that as a diver taking a TDI course, your instructor will have documented his experience and knowledge prior to achieving that rating.
As an instructor candidate taking a TDI course, your TDI instructor trainer will have gone through the paces to achieve the highest level of training that TDI offers.
TDI is committed to offering the highest quality training supported by the latest materials with the most up to date information and techniques. TDI’s materials are written by authors that acutely conduct the type of diving they are writing about. Those same materials are updated as technology and equipment change.
TDI Intro to Tech Diving
The TDI Intro to Tech Course is an introductory course that expands on recreational training by improving dive planning methods, in-water skills, and streamlining existing gear configurations in a controlled and fun learning environment.
Who this course is for:
- Certified open water scuba diver who wants to expand diver knowledge
- Certified open water scuba diver who is considering technical training
- Certified technical diver who is seeking a refresher course
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification: SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
What you can expect to learn:
- In-depth dive planning, advanced buoyancy control, gas management, situational awareness, proper trim, gear configuration and selection
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure to in-depth dive planning, introduction to more advanced technical diving and equipment
- Opportunity to become a more proficient diver and expand on diver skills and knowledge
TDI Intro to Tech minimum requirements:
- Execute proper gear selection and preparation as well as buddy gas matching
- Mastery of S.T.A.R.T, trim, finning techniques, body positioning, and diver skills
- Overall demonstration of mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution